How's the weather where you are?

Raoul

Work told us to go home at about 11:45 this morning.  Roads were fine then, but there appears to be a good 1/4" of ice and it's still raining/sleeting steadily.  Should be pretty in the morning if the sun comes out. 

Had to mop up a gallon or so of water out of the garage from all the ice that melted off my car.  I went back out there to get something and nearly stepped into a puddle in my sock feet.  :O

• Like 1

Snapped a few pictures while the youngins were playin outside.

Thought this grill shot was pretty cool!

20150216_095915_zpsjhpljbe9.jpg

20150216_095920_zpsma8nkasv.jpg

I'm always amazed at how pretty the trees are covered with ice. Even though it usually comes with trouble as far as power lines go.

20150216_153950_zpszprnsnfc.jpg

Trampoline net was solid ice

20150216_154000_zpsungihf5y.jpg

Top of the tool box was about 3/4 inch of ice.

20150216_154023_zpsv9f8p8h7.jpg

20150216_154031_zps8lvuzmbv.jpg

Cool shot of the bird feeder. I didn't even try to fill it once they emptied what I filled the night before. I dumped about 15 pounds of feed on the back deck a couple pounds at a time today and the birds were loving it! 

20150216_154138_zpskmj2wcft.jpg

Ice height on the deck rail

20150216_154150_zpsbkknilgp.jpg

My daughter's rose bush tried to hold up the weight but all branches weren't strong enough and were laying on the ground.

20150216_154203_zps10ilwdxz.jpg

Thought this was a neat angle picture.

20150216_154305_zpssyyuwyfm.jpg

Our little tree and the neighbor's in the background covered in ice.

20150216_154335_zpsrc7sgrlr.jpg

My mud puddle that was frozen over till I busted through it with the truck to take the youngins for some fishtailing on the back roads.

20150216_154601_zpsh8pu7mpb.jpg

• Like 2
Currently clear and 67. Forecast for clear and 83 tomorrow. Snuck out about 4:00am this morning to head south. I wasn't going to leave until tomorrow morning but chickened out after watching the forecast change eleventy seven times last night.
  • Like 1

Still raining a bit here in Murfreesboro, and the temps are going to drop quick now that it's nighttime.  I wouldn't be surprised if MTSU is closed tomorrow as well since the ice will be piling up...correction, MTSU just sent out the alert text saying they are closed tomorrow.

Still snowing pretty hard in Bristol. Looks like at least 6 inches of snow.

Dinner is over, the wife went to bed to "read", and the dog is snoring. Guess it's time to pour a drink and settle in.

Everybody stay safe and warm.

• Like 1

Sledded in the rain earlier today, and then drove in to work.  It was slushy from West Meade through Belle Meade into Green Hills.  

After work I had to scrape my vehicle off all over again!!  I didn't realize how much came down this afternoon.

anywho.... the streets looked like Colorado or Alaska on the way home.  Solid. Packed. Ice - gutter to gutter.

It was no trouble, but I would hate to be on it with a bunch of other drivers.