"Time To Change" AR Magazine

Dunno about y'all, but every time I'm in a heated firefight, I find that I can't keep up with how many rounds I've fired, so the lock back on empty almost always comes as a surprise. So for that short time until I can pop in the next mag, I'm holding an empty chambered club.

Now the Maklarbak magazine can change all that. It locks back with one round still left in mag, so you can hit the bolt release putting the last round in battery before you grab that next magazine. Seems a worthy addition to all of us high speed low drag operators.

http://www.maklarbak-usa.com/

- OS

• Like 3

Never get into a fire fight alone. Always work in a 2 or 3 person team! :rofl:

That is the way I try to operate. But some times it just me and my 2 1/2 year old at home when the zombie hordes come down the street and he has not mastered covering fire yet but we are working on it
  • Like 1

Or I end up with all my mags on the ground still holding 1 round each ;)

Got that right, my training to drop any mag that is empty (locked back) or malfunctions is so set it id have a pile of 1 round mags also.

Plus what good is having to drop the bolt twice or having to remember to.

I suspect it would cause more danger due to the habit of dropping the bolt for a extra round happening on a normal style empty mag and getting click and having to process why instead of just bolt back equals change mag.

The concept is that new method:

I lock back, hit bolt release, round chambered, drop mag, load fresh mag, GTG, always have a round.

But  I don't see it changing anything. You still have to hit the bolt release, you didn't save any motions.

And you have one round.

And when you shoot that one 'savior round' without a magazine seated, now you have no rounds, and a bolt that isn't locked back. Thus costing you even more movements.

I read about it in AR a few weeks back and thought it was stupid then, I haven't changed my opinion since. This is a problem to a solution that already exists.

This solves all the problems I've been having during my combat situations. Well, except for my tactical vest getting dirty when I dive and roll while yelling "Contact!" in my backyard.

I find my HCP badge catches on the rug during shoulder rolls.

• Like 1

I find my HCP badge catches on the rug during shoulder rolls.

Duh...  You're supposet to keep it in your pleather tacticool badge wallet until you need to flip it out like the cool guys do on TV!

• Admin Team

Seems like the problem that this product is 'solving' would exacerbate a greater one- namely failing to fully seat that 30 round mag on what is now a closed bolt carrier.  That's going to cause a failure to feed that's going to take you longer than the .whatever seconds this thing supposedly saves you.

The other major issue I'd see this causing is that by training on this, you can really only use this mag.  Imagine loading a Pmag after using this thing.  Training scars lead you to drop the bolt and load a new mag.  You think you've got one in the chamber, then when you really do need it...click.

I hope I don't see anybody on the range with these.  The thought of a bunch a yahoos running around with hot weapons while changing out mags, talking to their friends and checking out the poor lady who just came to shoot is frightening.

• Like 3