WAL Mart caves to pressure

and after today will not be carrying any more assault type rifles or shot guns, this was according to one of the sales clerks that we always talk to when we go in looking for ammo here in Clarksville. He indicated that they have already removed all of them from the order lists of available weapons, so if you want one better get it today at least what they have on hand you might find a deal. According to the sales rep they will only from today forwars carry hunting style rifles and shotguns, so someone or group finaly got to them and made them cave, even though that alot of people dont like them at least you could count on them for some low prices, but it will help the LGS, now that they arent going to carry them. Not sure what it will do to the prices at the LGS I guess time will tell.

Well I think it's a loss if only one Walmart stops selling anything because of pressure, much less all of them. We are fortunate around here to have several good LGS but every city and town doesn't have that luxury. Walmart, through all the "Hide the AR's" fiasco, had the rep of only worrying about money not being PC. If someone pushed them into this, it's not good. I would definitely rather spend my money at a LGS but sometimes we may not always be able to afford it.

Still curious if this is a rumor or truth though?

and after today will not be carrying any more assault type rifles or shot guns, this was according to one of the sales clerks that we always talk to when we go in looking for ammo here in Clarksville. He indicated that they have already removed all of them from the order lists of available weapons, so if you want one better get it today at least what they have on hand you might find a deal. According to the sales rep they will only from today forwars carry hunting style rifles and shotguns, so someone or group finaly got to them and made them cave, even though that alot of people dont like them at least you could count on them for some low prices, but it will help the LGS, now that they arent going to carry them. Not sure what it will do to the prices at the LGS I guess time will tell.

This may be the store managers choice or even their managers choice. A store manager I knew told me that it was up to her if they even sold or ordered ammo, and if kept causing issues she would not order any.

I've heard a lot of BS from Walmart employees that wasn't true. I'd wait for an official statement from Walmart before I believed that. :up:
  • Like 14

Here near Memphis at the Cordova Super Wal Mart they lost their FFL sales license due to 2 robberies where the culprits got away with several AR's and shotguns.So they cannot sell firearms of any kind at that location.

That doesn't seem fair. If that's true, there's Obama's path to ending gun sales. What if the ATF sent agents to rob all gun stores repeatedly, and then pulled their license?

New Walmart in my area opening Wednesday. Walked thru tonight with the manager and there was no shortage of AR rifles. She said she is hoping to have some .22 ammo by opening but made no mention of being limited on what kind of guns they could order. Based on what I hear there, the store manager pretty much makes those ordering decisions.

If Walmart "caves" on anything, it's because of spreadsheet micromanaging out of Bentonville. Obviously, if "public opinion" were at the heart of it, no better time to dump "assault weapons" than after Sandy Hook. Hell, they've periodically even stocked Lanza Bushmasters since then.

If there's enough profit and they could get the permits, Wally would sell both fertility and abortion kits side by side OTC.

- OS

• Like 1
I am sure you are right garufa, so out of curiosity I did a web search for AR's on their site and none come up. Other rifles come up but not the Ar type, now you might be a better researcher than I and can determine if they or assualt type shotguns are still available through them, but none should up, just the run of the mill type hunting weapons. If indeed what the person told me, yet to be determined through a better source it speaks volumes to what is happening to our rights to buy weapons in this country. With the buying ability of a chain like them will cave, (if in fact they did) just imagine what the moms against guns our whoever the prevailing source was that forced them to cave can do to a small mom and pop gun store.

But being I got the info from a clerk time will only tell if they or enyone else will be left to sell us the items we wish to have to play in the sand box we choose to play in.

:)
  • Administrator

I've heard a lot of BS from Walmart employees that wasn't true. I'd wait for an official statement from Walmart before I believed that. :up:

No doubt.  I was standing at the local Wal-Mart sporting goods counter a few weeks ago to pick up some WWB ammo and listened to the clerk inform a customer that whatever AR-15 they had in stock was just as good as any other AR-15 you could possibly buy, anywhere, because all lower receivers are made by the exact same one manufacturer in the USA.  :bored:

I asked him who that was and he said it was all kept really hush-hush by the various rifle manufacturers because they didn't want it known.  :bored:

There was no point in continuing the conversation at that point.  I paid for my ammo and left, hoping the customer was smarter than that.  Sadly he didn't seem to be.

• Like 1

I was recently in the market for a deer rifle. I priced them all around including Walmart. I settled on a 783 Remington in 30-06 and bought it at Academy Sports. Best price and painless purchase. I also bought some ammo for the rifle at the same time.

If he knew anything....he wouldn't be working at WalMart.  Not exactly the sharpest tacks in the box at that store.

Hey, don't put every employee of wal-mart into that group. I worked for Wal-mart last year. Granted it was unloading trucks and on a modified second shift, but it was honest money coming my way.

With all the ammo thefts, i convinced the store Manager to have all ammo locked in their store cage until it could be sorted and sent to the Sporting goods under lock and key.

A lot of people work wal-mart as they do offer flexible hours.

I worked at Walmart with a college degree for a while.  It wasn't the best job, I didn't like it, and I didn't stay but it was a means to make an honest living for a while.  No shame in an honest days work even if it is for the devil.