Phil removed from Duck Dynasty...

NoBanStan

Guest RebelCowboySnB

I didn't read all 13 pages but those 2 sum it up.

I bet if they force Phil out, the others will quit.  They aren't hurting for money.  I bet if they wanted they could get picked up by another station.  

I bet his is one of A&Es highest rated shows.

Don't know if its true or not but more than one place has said it is the highest rated show ever on any network... Would assume that was stretching it a bit but I don't know.

[quote name="Dane" post="1081869" timestamp="1387571513"]Could someone please point out where in Corinthians it says homosexual? I've seen this verse mis quoted several times:Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD[/quote] effeminate is translated from the Greek word Kinaidos meaning "men with a feminine love of being penetrated by men." Not trying to be vulgar just proving the translation isn't different. I affirm again that God calls it a sin just like when I cussed at the guy who cut me off today. This verse only has 2 conditions, no more. "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord , and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you shall be saved" Rom 10:9 NASB
  • Like 4

I bet if they wanted they could get picked up by another station.

I bet they can’t. I’m sure they all signed contracts that keep them from switching networks. If they can A&E needs a new legal department.

The public’s reaction and the ratings is what will drive A&E’s decisions. Unless this is a publicity stunt; someone at A&E may already be in a jam. The GQ magazine article wasn’t even an issue until A&E made it one.

I bet they can’t. I’m sure they all signed contracts that keep them from switching networks. If they can A&E needs a new legal department.

The public’s reaction and the ratings is what will drive A&E’s decisions. Unless this is a publicity stunt; someone at A&E may already be in a jam. The GQ magazine article wasn’t even an issue until A&E made it one.

Noncompete contracts have lost in court, if they really want to fight that. Don't need to lose sight of the fact that these boys play hayseeds on TV, but are educated, successful business men. We won't be able to call this one until everybody is lawyered up (already done), and the press release comes out. This probably won't be the classic example of the TV boys beating up on the poor rednecks, especially given the value of the franchise. They can't just get new rednecks.

I do get a kick out of the selective outrage that comes from Americans. Alec Baldwin can spew pure hatred and intolerance of gays on multiple occasions but this guy is asked on his opinion, gives it in a manner that references his religious beliefs without being hateful and everyone loses their minds. It's all okay or none of it's okay. This picking and choosing that people think they can do and still be credible is what confuses me.

I get a kick out of the fact that it appears fine to bash anything but a Christian male. I do love how this victimized group bands together.
  • Like 1

Christians are also the only group that scream so loudly that they are right, and there is no possibility they could be wrong. While its fine to believe that, you have to understand that a lot of people disagree with it. Heck, even a number of Christians believe there will be gay people of heaven. I think the "attacked" Christians would gain more ground if they didn't dig their heels in and refuse to even consider the possibility they could be wrong.

That would take genuine christ like behavior.

I get a kick out of the fact that it appears fine to bash anything but a Christian male. I do love how this victimized group bands together.

It's a good thing you're around to set us straight. I'm gonna ask again... If you have such a big problem with the folks here, why do you show up?

• Like 1

I like to bash hypocrisy wherever it is, and I think it exists on the extremes of any issue. In fact, I think the concerns of moderates on one side of an issue are often validated by the minority of extremists on the other side, and vice versa. This subject is pretty silly altogether, but all the outrage on social media seems to echo support for both freedom of speech and freedom to be so gay you can't even drive straight. It's the hardliners on both sides that are trying to make this into something it's not.
  • Like 1

effeminate is translated from the Greek word Kinaidos meaning "men with a feminine love of being penetrated by men." Not trying to be vulgar just proving the translation isn't different.

In 1 Corinthians 6, the passage I believe was referenced the word "arsenkoitai" is the one so often interpreted as homosexual. Unfortunately, there is no exact English translation. Given the context of 1 Corinthians 5 and 6, many scholars believe the passage to be referring to male prostitutes, a ritual of Pagan temple worship. That is how Paul uses it in many of his other writings, and it would seem consistent for him to use it in that manner here as well.  

[quote name="Lumber_Jack" post="1081932" timestamp="1387581899"]effeminate is translated from the Greek word Kinaidos meaning "men with a feminine love of being penetrated by men."Not trying to be vulgar just proving the translation isn't different. I affirm again that God calls it a sin just like when I cussed at the guy who cut me off today. This verse only has 2 conditions, no more. "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord , and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you shall be saved" Rom 10:9 NASB[/quote] According to merium-Webster:

1ef·fem·i·nate adjective -nət : having or showing qualities that are considered more suited to women than to men : not manly Middle English, from Latin effeminatus, from past participle of effeminare to make effeminate, from ex- + femina woman — more at feminine First Known Use: 15th century
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

According to merium-Webster:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Irrelevant.

Latin is not Greek, Hebrew, or Aramaic (in which the scripture was written)

Lumber_Jack cited the root word, which was in Greek.

Edited by R_Bert
[quote name="R_Bert" post="1082003" timestamp="1387589131"]Irrelevant. Latin is not Greek, Hebrew, or Aramaic (in which the scripture was written) Lumber_Jack cited the root word, which was in [i]Greek[/i].[/quote] How is it not relevant when that is what the word is in the King James Version? My contention is that his cited origin could be incorrect. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lets face it. There has been battles over religion in one form or another since the beginning of time. Sometimes these battles actually have led to real bloody wars killing thousands of people. The last one took place on 9/11/2001 when a  group of Radical Islamic extremists flew planes into the twin towers, pentagon and a field in Pennsylvania while clutching the Koran in their hands and praying to Allah to have their Virgins ready for them when they arrived. In all honesty killing thousands of people just for a few Virgins as a reward. That my friends is just how crazy religions can get. So when someone raises a fuss about something said about another persons religious beliefs just go back to 9/11/2001 and remember just how far some religions will go to prove a point.  Then ask yourself how far are you willing to go to prove a point about your religion?.........................jmho

How is it not relevant when that is what the word is in the King James Version? My contention is that his cited origin could be incorrect. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Original text in Greek. not KJV.

Edited by R_Bert

It's a good thing you're around to set us straight. I'm gonna ask again... If you have such a big problem with the folks here, why do you show up?

Where do you get that from? I love it here and I wish that I could spend more time here. Am I not welcome because I don't do the circle jerk? From my observations, some people here bash the hell out of other groups of people. The minute someone is offended that happens to look like them there's a crisis. The last time that I checked this was TGO not agree with what I say or stay away.

I'm not trying to set anyone straight. I'm just giving my views like everyone else. There seems that a lot of members are feeling victimized and the country can't recover. I disagree. Edited by LINKS2K
[quote name="R_Bert" post="1082008" timestamp="1387589583"]Original text in Greek. not KJV.[/quote] Maybe I can make it a bit clearer for you: 1) I quoted the KJV 2) He made the claim that the word in question was of Greek origin. 3) I countered that the word is of Latin origin not Greek. Relevancy Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

of course I haven't read the contract but I would think that if the shows ends on A&E they would be free to pursue other entertainment opportunity.  Sure A&E would most likely retain the name of the show, but I don't believe that would stop them from making a new show called The Robertson's.  Kinda like David Letter man lost the rights to stupid pet tricks, revamped it to Stupid Human tricks.  Or did I get that mixed up.