off the wall but

none

Ok so were out to dinner with friends last night some how we got to talking about guns and such. And I mentioned that I sure would not mind having a M1 Garrand. For me it would be worth while to preserve a piece of history not to mention being fun to shoot. Then our friends wife pops up and says something to the effect about being concerned of the history of the Rifle. My reply was something to the effect that ah you mean a history of keeping Americans safe and preserving Liberty? Then she said that she would not want it in her house because it may have been used to take a life. I about fell over. Then she says yeah you know it could be haunted. For me this was really off the rail. Anyone else ever hear something so preposterous?

. For me this was really off the rail. Anyone else ever hear something so preposterous?

I remember hearing this a while back.

http://www.prairieghosts.com/winchester.html

tell you that there is a curse on your family, which took the life of he and your child. It will soon take you too. It is a curse that has resulted from the terrible weapon created by the Winchester family. Thousands of persons have died because of it and their spirits are now seeking vengeance."

While all of this seems like madness to us, it all made sense to Sarah. In this way, she could control the spirits who came to the house for evil purposes, or who were outlaws or vengeful people in their past life. These bad men, killed by Winchester rifles, could wreak havoc on Sarah’s life. The house had been designed into a maze to confuse and discourage the bad spirits.

The fact that she fears firearms is what was taught to her growing up.

Her fear is not real, we know this, but to her the very fact that an inanimate object

can act on its own without an outside force is very real to her. She might not every get over it.

Electrician in Union County told me this one from when he worked for the county electric:

Lady kept calling in that spirits were getting into her house trailer through the electrical wiring. Finally this guy was dispatched to go talk to her. At wits end, he finally told her that in rare cases like this, the only solution was to cut the power for a day or so to break the connection to the spirit world. So he kills it at the pole or wherever, says to call in when the spirits are gone and he'll turn it back on.

Like months later, after he's forgotten about the whole thing, he's sent back out there, lady been living without juice all that time. Lady told him the spirits hadn't left until a few days previously!

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I remember hearing this a while back.

The house is probably one of the coolest places I've ever toured and houses an impressive collection of stuff including a large museum dedicated to Winchester branded good like razors and wagons, irons etc. Also a nice if not huge collection of rifles as well on site. It's sad that she got swindled into blowing a large chunk of change on the house, but it really is a neat place to see at the same time. Not the kind of thing you could replicate as a tourist trap anywhere either like all the various 'mystery spots' and 'crooked cabins' that someone must have gone cross country building at some point.

Probably my favorite road trip attraction all in all aside from old sequoia from my youth.

• Like 1
My wife used to watch a show on Scifi channel I believe. People with "haunted homes" etc would call in these experts to find the spirits and would then remove an object from the premises that was causing all the spirits to hang around. I watched about 10 minutes of one show and that was enough for me.
  • Like 1
Sprinkle the rifle with salt and holy oil (holy water would probably cause holy oxidation). Wait seven minutes, if the stock gets cold, get rid of the rifle. It's occupied by a vengeful spirit.
If the stock is room temp, it's safe to keep in the home.
  • Like 2

My wife used to watch a show on Scifi channel I believe. People with "haunted homes" etc would call in these experts to find the spirits and would then remove an object from the premises that was causing all the spirits to hang around. I watched about 10 minutes of one show and that was enough for me.

I kinda liked Celebrity Ghost Story.

I wouldn't think twice about owning a gun that had taken a life during wartime or in Self Defense........but I wouldn't want a suicide gun.  I have seen a handgun with leather grips.....reportedly human skin leather and I sure the heck wouldn't want that!

'Splains everything!  My guns are haunted!  Most of the time I put them center on-target but the bullets hit someplace else!  Good to know why... Anybody know how to do an exorcism on a gun??

Easy.Get a bucket of ammo. Shoot and shoot the gun until the barrel is too hot to touch. The spirit thinks it is in hell and will leave.

'Splains everything!  My guns are haunted!  Most of the time I put them center on-target but the bullets hit someplace else!  Good to know why... Anybody know how to do an exorcism on a gun??

OGOD mine are haunted by a liberal!!!! THE BULLET ALWAYS LANDS LEFT OF TARGET LOL Or it could be me having a hard time breaking myself from using the Weaver stance lol

• Like 3