Capbyrd

Ruger Wrangler

Looks like Ruger is going budget to compete with the Heritage Rough Rider with a new revolver called the Ruger Wrangler.   Aluminum cerakoted in three color combos to start.   MSRP is $250.   Looks like I'll be selling a rough rider and upgrading to a Ruger for my niece and nephew.  

top.jpg

https://ruger.com/products/wrangler/models.html

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I’m definitely interested in getting one of these. Thanks for posting, I hadn’t heard about this yet. 

• Like 1

Just when I thought a Ruger couldn't get any uglier...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

I kinda like them.  They aren't beautiful, but they are workman like.

• Like 1

I expect this is be a very big success. I’ve never been a fan of single action revolvers, but at under $200; I might give one a try.

Good for Ruger.

Single Action, Aluminum alloy, Cerakote.  Already being offered at $199 on a pre-order so the price will probably drop even lower.

21 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

Looks like Ruger is going budget to compete with the Heritage Rough Rider

Ha, Ha, Ha, that was exactly my first thought when I saw the email today.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gregintenn said:

:taunt:

np24dMs.jpg

• Dislike 1
  • Haha 4

pretty cool.   Geez, what will they come up with next.

On 4/19/2019 at 12:28 PM, DaveTN said:

:taunt:

np24dMs.jpg

S&W seems to be a bit worried...

Noticed the one Jeff was shooting is missing some Cerakote on the left side of the frame. Makes me wonder how duriable the finish will be.

Edited by hughd
SP

11 minutes ago, hughd said:

Noticed the one Jeff was shooting is missing some Cerakote on the left side of the frame. Makes me wonder how duriable the finish will be.

I noticed that as well and had the exact same thought.

3 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I noticed that as well and had the exact same thought.

Oh well, I always wanted to give rattle can a try... :shrug:

• Like 1

And 20 years down the road people will be saying "Ruger is a good gun, except for those Wranglers, they're kind of junky." 

The Heritage is what it is, I own one, and it's not a bad gun.  But, I wouldn't put my Heritage up against a Single Six.  Although I can appreciate nice guns, they sit in the safe, while my Heritage and SKS, get thrown on the four wheeler or tractor and actually used.  

• Like 1

I don't see these as being a collector type pistol.  Definitely a working/beater gun.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2019 at 6:12 AM, Moped said:

I don't see these as being a collector type pistol.  Definitely a working/beater gun.

There is a difference? 

• Like 1

I've mentioned before that my beat up old hands just don't work with the traditional SA style revolver. Not only do I not shoot one worth a hoot, the trigger guard beats the crap out of my knuckle. I've owned a number of Ruger and Colt style centerfire single actions over the years and ended up selling them all.  :shake:

I have given thought to getting a .22 single action just to see if that'll work. The Wrangler seems to be a good gun and the price is cheap enough. I just might give it a try. Although I'd really prefer adjustable sights. We'll see what happens if I can get one in my hand. 

50 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Although I'd really prefer adjustable sights. We'll see what happens if I can get one in my hand. 

Samuel Colt said NO! 

• Like 1

I'm curious and like the bronze two tone.

Willing to wait for a few production runs to get the cerakote and any early mechanicals dialed in.

• Like 1

So would one of these loaded with shot shells be good for killing carpenter bees? That would seem like some inexpensive fun.

My birthday's coming up.........

😉

(Dibs on the first one that goes in the Classifieds!)

Edited by robtattoo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SWJewellTN said:

So would one of these loaded with shot shells be good for killing carpenter bees? That would seem like some inexpensive fun.

Yes, I use a single six like that. It works and is lots of fun.

I had planned to do something similar with shot shells and never got around to it. I have used  my S&W Governor with .410 shells to do Bee Skeet, a lot of fun but more misses than hits.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By xtriggerman
      This is a job I did for a friend. It took a bit of imagination to pull off but it all gelled as I modified the parts to fit. The Flux MP17 frame is for a drop in FCG from the Sig P320 in this case 9mm. The Flux has the well designed spring loaded brace that literally shoots out of the collapsed position via a strong spring and self locks into a rock solid extended position. I'm not a big Tactical gizmo guy but have to say, its pretty cool since its well designed and as solid as it gets. The rail started out as a China made mid length AR narrow Key-mod hand guard.
      Here is the front collar anchor made from stainless heavy wall pipe.

I fabed up a left side cocking handle and put it in the most amount of meat at the front. The threads have been milled to match the bore contour of the inner slide. In the rough... It is then JB weld thread locked.

This shot is just the plain Flux lower with my rear rail anchor block screwed up on top in the back there.... that scruffy looking pained thing.

Handle in place

Rail roughed in place

Done, just 3 screws to remove for removal of a rock solid rail.

• By TGO David
      While y'all were hoarding toilet paper and draining the supply chain of affordable ammo again, I picked up this little pup during the first week of the "Safer at Home" response to the COVID-19 Coronavirus.

Sig Sauer P320 XCompact RXP with Sig Romeo 1 Pro Red Dot Sight

In all honesty, I ordered it around the first of February and it just took far too long for the retailer to ship it.  I naively chose Locked and Loaded out of Pana, Illinois from the retailers that advertise through Gun.Deals due to them having the lowest price available on it.  In hindsight I would have paid more just to have not had to wait nearly four weeks, or having had to call my credit card company to start a claim against the retailer for failing to ship it in a reasonable time.  Avoid them like the plague.
      Boy does that phrase take on new meaning in the modern context.  But yes, avoid them like you would avoid COVID-19.

Anyway, the gun itself is a fine little blaster and the Romeo 1 Pro is a nice piece of kit as well.  The original Romeo 1 (non Pro) was pretty frail and fragile as evidenced by Aaron Cowan at Sage Dynamics bieng able to effortlessly break it far earlier in the test than any other red dot had succumbed previously.  Watch that video!  Aaron's tests of red dot optics has become a go-to for me when researching new gear, so I was initially pretty wary of the Romeo 1 Pro as well.  But those concerns seem to perhaps be a little unfounded, as Sig has beefed this model up and given it a heavy aluminum shroud around the glass.
      What really eased my concerns, though, is that the Romeo 1 Pro has the same mounting footprint as the Leupold Delta Point Pro... which, while it was also pretty weak in Cowan's torture tests... has been chosen as the footprint du jour for one of Holosun's forthcoming releases.  And Holosun has been making some really fantastic, very rugged red dot sights lately.  Again, go back to Sage Dynamics' videos for his test of the 507C and I think maybe even the 508T at this point.
      Regardless, the fact that I should be able to swap the Romeo 1 Pro for a Holosun at some point seemed like a winner of an idea in case the Romeo Pro can't handle real life carry and use.

Anyway... let's talk about the gun....

I had a regular plain jane P320 Compact shortly after they came to market and just couldn't love it.  The grip design felt like a dry bar of soap in my hands.  It wasn't particularly ergonomic, lacked material in the places that would have allowed me to get more of a tight grip on it, and had mateiral in places that kept me from getting a firm enough grasp where it counted.
      I sold that gun fairly quickly.
      When the dimunitive P365 came out with the new and improved and grippier texture, I was greatly impressed.  And when the P320 X-Series came out with the same texture and a recontoured grip design, I was intrigued.  It just took me a hot minute to pick one up.

First Shooting Impressions...
      1st - I liked the trigger, a lot.  I put about two solid weeks of dry-fire into the gun before I was finally able to get it to the range.  I was lucky to get to my favorite local outdoor shooting spot on a day that the pistol bays were fairly empty and therefore Chinese Virus (tm) free.  I spent enough time there to dial-in the dot and then run a few mags for function checking.
      2nd - There is no hiding the fact that it's a Sig with the typical higher-than-seems-necessary bore axis.  It flips a bit under recoil, but not too badly.
      3rd - While the ergos of the X-Series frame are lightyears beyond what the standard P320 has, it can still be better.  The grip texture isn't grippy enough and Sig strangely opted to leave smooth the area where your middle finger falls across the front strap beneath the trigger guard.  While that may seem smart from a comfort perspective, your middle finger is one of three that most folks apply the most gripping force with.  The other two being their thumb and index finger.
      I'd rather see some grippy texture where the middle finger falls so that I can really get some traction, especially with that high bore axis trying to flop the gun around in my hand when I put striker to primer.
      To remedy that, I'm expecting another X-Series Compact grip module soon from Chris over at 3 Golf Gunworks in North Carolina.  He's putting their "Autumn" texture on the module for me and it should have a lot more grip as a result.  Like the photo below, albeit in all black.

Anyway, bottom line?  Really nice gun.  I like a lot of the things about it.  The trigger is good, the shape of the grip is good, the red dot optic seems good and has a nice big open window for quick and easy sighting, and it carries very comfortably in a Werkz M6 holster.  I stumbled across Jamison's company while searching for IWB light-bearing holsters for the P320 Compact and the Streamlight TLR-7 combo.  Not only is it a design similar to some of my other favorites (SAC Zulu, Henry Holsters Spark) but the M6 is one of their Quick Ship models that goes out in the mail in approximately 2-business days.
      I've added a pair of Pull-the-Dot soft loops that I had on hand since taking this pic.  Werkz offers those as an option in their web store, too.

It's a shame about the grip texture, but at least grip modules are inexpensive (about $50 for the X-Compact) and there are numerous places to have them worked-over by competent "Stipplers".  Or you can try your hand at it yourself with a wood burning tool, a light touch and a steady hand.  And you aren't ruining a perfectly good gun since the grip module isn't the serialized part on the P320.

I'm looking forward to more range time with it, but right now I think it's a solid choice and a good option for people who just don't want to recognize the fact that the Glock 19 and Glock 45 share the pinnacle of perfection. 

• By NashvilleGlock45
      What are yalls input on Glock 45  gen5 I just bought it because I liked the 19x but didnt like the FDE,So I got The 45 in black .TIA

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines