Tornado in Clarksville

tercel89

North Clarksville is torn up. At least one dead. I watched this thing go past my house and thank God we didn't get hit. It looked like a wall of rain when I saw it. I'm off duty but I'm sure I'll get called in. There are a few whole neighborhoods that got their houses smashed. Cars flipped upside down  . It's pretty bad. Prayers to all the victims . 

Edited by tercel89
  • Sad 9
  • Wow 2
  • Thanks 1

I pray for the families that lost their homes, autos, businesses, and worse. They showed a graphic on channel 4 that showed middle TN had 12 confirmed tornadoes throughout the day. This is scary stuff.

Edited by BigK
clarify, not 12 tornadoes at once, LOL
42 minutes ago, BJB said:

He guys. My brother has a camper near the Google information plant. Any idea if that area is hit. 

Haven't heard any damage at that campground yet , but that patrol car was parked about 2 miles as a crow flies from the campground . 

Trying to get back home this evening driving back from Alabama. I was shocked at how messed up tiny town was power poles knocked over or snapped like match sticks. Gave up trying to get through tiny town went back to to Trenton road and went down Hazelwood road debris all over the place of course power and street lights were out. Headed north on need more saw a house that had been obliterated siding hanging from power line like tinsel my heart sink, it was very sad. 3 reported dead in the Britain springs road area now. 
My thoughts and prayers are for all those in Tennessee who haves suffered the wrath of these tornadoes. 

23 minutes ago, TennesseeCamper said:

Trying to get back home this evening driving back from Alabama. I was shocked at how messed up tiny town was power poles knocked over or snapped like match sticks. Gave up trying to get through tiny town went back to to Trenton road and went down Hazelwood road debris all over the place of course power and street lights were out. Headed north on need more saw a house that had been obliterated siding hanging from power line like tinsel my heart sink, it was very sad. 3 reported dead in the Britain springs road area now. 
My thoughts and prayers are for all those in Tennessee who haves suffered the wrath of these tornadoes. 

Yea, about a 10 mile track right through Clarksville, 3 deaths last I seen, and a bunch of homes and businesses damaged.

• Sad 1

My thoughts and Prayers go out to all affected by this disaster.

I've lived through several hurricanes and tornadoes in my life and one must actually see the devastation to truly comprehend it. That said it always saddens me when someone has to. Those troubles last way beyond initial contact for certain.,.🙏

@tercel89 I hope your friend and family are OK (lame word) but you get my meaning.

God Bless all. 

• Like 5

Prayers for all those folks in the area.  My area was under a watch until 3am Sunday but the Knoxville news stations were only talking about the Middle TN storms, so nothing bad up this way.  Again, prayers for all the folks in Middle TN.  

• Like 3
12 hours ago, Omega said:

Yea, about a 10 mile track right through Clarksville, 3 deaths last I seen, and a bunch of homes and businesses damaged.

Our neighborhood was spared. But west  right behind my house that area is still without power. I can hear the generators running. Immediately east of us on tiny town was hit pretty bad and south of us as well.  I am not going out on the roads unless absolutely needed.

Work crews and first responders are working hard to help people and restore power, they don’t need any unnecessary traffic or looky loos. 

• Like 3

Prayers for all that have been effected by the storms all across Tennessee. I watched the weather while they tracked the storms and Channel 5 had all their weather people working on weather screens trying to keep up with it.

I watched the weather Friday night and the weather man talked about that front that was going too drop the temps over the weekend and he said several times that they were not fore casting anything severe at all with this  front!  I have always been concerned with Fronts in December as way to many times they have produced what we had Saturday and I was kind of looking for something more than wind and temps. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, bersaguy said:

Prayers for all that have been effected by the storms all across Tennessee. I watched the weather while they tracked the storms and Channel 5 had all their weather people working on weather screens trying to keep up with it.

I watched the weather Friday night and the weather man talked about that front that was going too drop the temps over the weekend and he said several times that they were not fore casting anything severe at all with this  front!  I have always been concerned with Fronts in December as way to many times they have produced what we had Saturday and I was kind of looking for something more than wind and temps. 

I went hunting and the truck said 60deg at 5am, thought; not good, too much energy for the predicted storm, but though it would be thunderstorms and maybe some straight line winds.

• Like 1
  • Authorized Vendor

These tornados in winter seem worse than the ones in the spring to me. These up and down temperatures make life miserable. We can under a tornado warning and went into the shelter but thankfully nothing came of it around here.

Prayers to all those affected by this recent storm. My heart truly does got out to you all.

• Like 2