Terrorist camps in Tennessee

jgradyc

Why is this being allowed?  Innocent Americans are harassed daily by the Federal government and called terrorists, but this crap is allowed?  We have become a society that lets our government have way too many liberties in the name of "fighting terrorism."  Yet a group with clear terrorists ties is allowed to set up shop and undoubtedly train to take us out right here in our backyard?  Something must be done, we have to do it for the goats.

This article from 2009 references the camp in Dover

http://www.t-g.com/story/1502537.html

I've heard of the Dover camp myself many times over the last few years.  These camps are the real deal.  A coworker lives in Dover and he says it's there and is what everyone thinks it is, a compound and they are training.

You can Google Earth it if you want to, just saying.

Edited by 101

Good thing there was only a run on milk and bread this week. Kroger still has plenty of tin foil.

It's easy to throw the "tin foil" card, just like the race card and not provide any insight yourself. Would you say that if in fact these camps exist, that they are a bunch of fun loving, flag waving Americans? It's not paranoia if you're right, ya know.
So does anyone have the street addresses of these camps? Google Earth pics showing buildings and facilities details? Videos or photos of illegal activities? If I lived near there and suspected anything odd, I'd fly a drone over and get some video footage of the actual activities, then call the local authorities. Unless someone has actual proof of illegal activities taking place, the whole thing is just a big conspiracy theory.

I have a large chunk of private land outside city limits. It's fenced and highly secured. I shoot and do other legal things at various times which many liberals (and presumably some of my nearest neighbors) might find unusual or objectionable, and I occasionally have a few friends over to do the same. I am also a certified instructor and occasionally teach friends and family. This doesn't make me a terrorist or my property a terror training camp, and I sure don't want the government coming to do a welfare check on me.

Just saying there's a fine line between paranoia, suspicion, and illegal activities, so we should let the presence (or absence) of factual detailed evidence be our guide before we rally the troops.
  • Like 2

Why is this being allowed? Innocent Americans are harassed daily by the Federal government and called terrorists, but this crap is allowed?

Maybe they haven't aledgedly sold any short barrel shotguns to a ATF Informant yet... Edited by Trekbike
  • Like 1

So does anyone have the street addresses of these camps? Google Earth pics showing buildings and facilities details? Videos or photos of illegal activities? If I lived near there and suspected anything odd, I'd fly a drone over and get some video footage of the actual activities, then call the local authorities. Unless someone has actual proof of illegal activities taking place, the whole thing is just a big conspiracy theory.

I have a large chunk of private land outside city limits. It's fenced and highly secured. I shoot and do other legal things at various times which many liberals (and presumably some of my nearest neighbors) might find unusual or objectionable, and I occasionally have a few friends over to do the same. I am also a certified instructor and occasionally teach friends and family. This doesn't make me a terrorist or my property a terror training camp, and I sure don't want the government coming to do a welfare check on me.

Just saying there's a fine line between paranoia, suspicion, and illegal activities, so we should let the presence (or absence) of factual detailed evidence be our guide before we rally the troops.

Thats the beauty of it;  due to the freedoms we enjoy, you can easily and legally setup a compound to train others for any reason or mission you deem fit.  There is very little authorities can do about it unless it crosses into an illegal activity.  I watched a video where it showed a school bus riddled with bullets, disconcerting maybe, illegal,  no.  But that is why we must remain vigilant and keep an eye on activities such as this; not with routine "welfare checks" mind you but a community watch would not be out of the question.

If there are felons at these camps, as the article states, then how far do probation officers go in their monitoring of any on probation?  Do they do home checks?  If someone (private citizen) legally videotaped a bunch of guys shooting, and one guy was identified as a felon, would that be RAS for LEO to visit?

• Moderators

If someone (private citizen) legally videotaped a bunch of guys shooting, and one guy was identified as a felon, would that be RAS for LEO to visit?

I would think so, but how would you propose to go about legally videotaping someone on their own property without trespassing? If they are not visible from public areas, I think it would almost be a wash.

• Like 1

I would think so, but how would you propose to go about legally videotaping someone on their own property without trespassing? If they are not visible from public areas, I think it would almost be a wash.

Telephoto lenses or drones. A dude in brentwood sent a picture from his drone to the local channel's weather team, and they showed it on TV. It was a pretty darn good picture taken by a couple hundred feet in the air by my estimation.

I've been reading a book for the past week, chipping away at it, called "Twilight in America" that talks about just this very subject.  Good read.  A bit alarming.

Thanks David. I just put it in my Amazon "wish list".

I have Stoeger's "Dry-Fire Training: For the Practical Pistol Shooter" and it should arrive tomorrow (it's too friggin cold for my old bones to be outside right now)..."Twilight in America" will be next in line.

I've seen news snippets over the past several years about these camps.

It would be foolish to totally dismiss the potentiality of such...not being disrespectful towards anyone with a differing opinion...but these are in fact "interesting times"...

If there are felons at these camps, as the article states, then how far do probation officers go in their monitoring of any on probation?  Do they do home checks?  If someone (private citizen) legally videotaped a bunch of guys shooting, and one guy was identified as a felon, would that be RAS for LEO to visit?

If they live there it is open to the Probation Officers; they don’t need PC or RAS when you are on probation. If they don’t live there the Probation Officers can go there, but if the owners (that aren’t on probation or Parole) refuse to allow them in; they can make the place off limits and violate them if they go back.

If someone that was willing to make a complaint sees a felon in possession on the property; it would be pretty easy to get a warrant. But that would take someone that knows the person.

Anyone know where the one in Shelbyville is supposed to be?