Snow

We learned from when we lived in snow country to have plenty of food on hand at all times in the Winter.  A long snow in might mean eating things we would not normally eat more than once in awhile but has a good shelf life.  After loosing water for 4 days last December I have plenty of water on the shelf this Winter split between drinking and wash/flush water, probably 50-60 gallons total.

Monday's one of my racquetball mornings, but I'm not going to risk damaging my truck for r-ball this morning. Not a lot of snow here in Crab Orchard, but it's very cold and the snow compacted by cars passing over it will freeze solid. I'll stay home and read. But PLEASE Volunteer Electric, keep the power on!

I need to go have an MRI on my shoulder this morning at 930. It is on the other side of Murfreesboro. couldn't be any farther from Lascassas, I guess? My country road is covered and as I let the dog out this morning, I could hear a car coming and ice crunching under the tires. Recon it's going to be a slick ride, so it seems. I like snow. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, pop pop said:

I need to go have an MRI on my shoulder this morning at 930.

It might be worth rescheduling. I'm supposed to go to Murfreesboro (a 2.5 hour drive) on Friday morning for injections in my knees, but if the roads aren't safe, I'll call and reschedule. 

1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

Woke up to a dusting in West Knoxville. Maybe 1.5" inch but now it's coming down pretty hard. Supposed to snow through the afternoon. 

Less than an inch here in murvul. Not sticking to the roads either.  Its supposed to keep snowing through the day but there's not much happening now. I'll be amazed if we get near the 4-6" they said.  I may take a snow day tomorrow or WFH some. Not certain my car will start if it hits the -4 they're predicting. 

i-h4PJXNM-600x270.jpg

Edited by peejman
  • Like 1
  • Moderators

We had about 1 1/2 this morning in Lenoir City.  It started snowing hard again about 45 minutes ago and we have at least another inch or so and it is not showing signs of slowing down.

Edited by TripleGGG
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

The roads are completely covered in West Knoxville. I watched a guy pull a minivan up a hill. The woman never bothered to release her brakes so he had to drag her. 😆

Sometimes you just wonder exactly how some folks make it through life. LOL!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Sometimes you just wonder exactly how some folks make it through life. LOL!

One day I was almost done with my 12 hour shift. We had around 5 inches of snow that night. I answered a crash call . I arrived at a Toyota Tacoma that some soldier was driving. It was upside down resting on its roof. The entire area was flat and the ditch wasn't even deep. Completely flat. I couldn't resist and so I asked the solider what happened? He said  "officer ,  I am from the north and I know how to drive in snow!!!!"  But yet his truck was upside down and in a 35 mph zone. I told him how I had been on patrol , working car crashes for the last 11 hours driving a 2 wheel drive 4,000lb car and I had traveled almost 100 miles that night going crash to crash according to my odometer. He just sat there confused. So I agree with you Greg , how the hell do these people survive ? 

• Like 2

I went to my MRI appointment, at the TOA building on Veterans Parkway, this morning. Roads are covered with snow. Can see a few clear tracks in the middle of the roads and they are slick. My phone said Lascassas pike was closed so I had to divert and ended up going down I 840 for 5 Miles. It is passable but lot of snow on it. Snow is dry and one can get good traction. Had no trouble but drove 35 and did slide a couple times.

I measured the snow, here in Lascassas, when I returned home. We have 4" and still snowing lightly. Not a lot of thawing as it was 15 on my car thermomotor as I drove home at 10:30 AM.  Will probably be much worse driving tomorrow as there is still a lot of snow on the roads. Really no thawing on any of the roads I drove on. They are scarping and salting to no effect so far. Don't get out unless you need too.