1) door frozen can't open, can't make it in

2) wind shield frozen, no scraper, can't make it in

3) brakes are frozen, can't move

4) I think the gas in my gas tank is frozen car will not start

5) driveway to slick wheels just spin, can't make it in

6) roads to slick, turning around can't make it

7) school just got canceled and my teenager needs me, can't make it in

8) it's still snowing what should I do?

My response: Well I just drove through the drive in at McDonalds the ladies that just served me made it to work, your saying you can't? YES roads impassable can't make it in and BTW you have a 4x4.

My response: your correct I do have a 4x4 but it was in 2WD.

I luv my job, best job I ever had!!

We've got 7-8" on the ground now.  The roads in the city were mostly just wet.  Getting to the city limit was the fun part. 

I had to put the blazer in 4wd for the last 3ft of my commute.  I got about half way into the parking spot before it wouldn't go anymore... forward or backwards. 

When I went out to start the car this morning, I saw this:

VWSnowpattern.jpg

Engine was cold and it had not been run since around 4pm the previous day.

Aliens?

That's the brace under the hood.  It blocks some of the heat from the engine so the snow sticks there first.  Doesn't take but a degree or two to make a difference. 

There was about an inch, inch and a half of snow in Murfreesboro last night.  It was actually pretty.  I walked home late from the school library and enjoyed the walk very much.

Now, aside from some snow on the grass, it's all melted away.  Even the buildup in my truck bed is gone. 

No heat, no 4wd, no traction control. I don't need no stinkin' 4wd, made it into work every single day last week.  :squint:

15964618863_7583764fcb.jpg

Untitled by systemdelete, on Flickr

Right on...I've heard just about every excuse possible for not making it in, last wk 15 workers laid out Tuesday, 8 Wednesday and 6 Thursday, I let 3 go, so today expecting the worst, I only had 2 call outs, I guess the workers decided it wasn't going to be a great idea to call out today...    

We've got 7-8" on the ground now.  The roads in the city were mostly just wet.  Getting to the city limit was the fun part. 

I had to put the blazer in 4wd for the last 3ft of my commute.  I got about half way into the parking spot before it wouldn't go anymore... forward or backwards. 

We got 6+", from a SoCal boy I enjoy the snow and driving in it is no big.. there is nothing that can stop me from driving to work..lol

I don't even have chains on my VW and I drove all the way from Franklin to Nashville on Monday a week ago when we got all that ice. Turned out the office was closed. I was the only one who drove in. I was ready to work, but I turned around and drove home.

It's raining pretty hard with really cold rain. I expect the ice/sleet/snow to start any minute.

The river is getting pretty full and like everywhere else the ground is really saturated with water. If it comes down hard tonight I imagine it will breach the banks.

Mark

The rain has stopped for now in Kingston Springs and according to the radar the ice/sleet line isn't too wide. If it's going to do something then I hope it just snows, last time I had an ice dam on my back porch roof that doesn't have much of a slope, leaked in many places, snow wont do that.

... just heard on a local news station...  reporting at a grocery store... about the grocery carts.   

"As you can see these carts have been in and out of the store all day and have water droplets on them.  If they freeze over tonight, they will form ice droplets."

... that was really her destination point.  I did not edit.    I have to remember whenever they report on something that fires me up.  "ice droplets"

Edited by Peace
  • Like 1