not changing your EDC pistol?

Used the same set for decade +.  Kahr  gets a lot of time and looks it. G27 has filled the need for higher capacity carry and last one I added was G42 when released.  Sort of had the new one bug but would probably regret it. Keep shooting what I have = no relearning or gear purchases.  

anyone else stuck in a decade+ ago or the 70’s carrying a j frame everywhere?  

Or is this group rocking the newer micro 9’s or other pistol with the big market of EDC pistols available in 2024. 

I'm a bit of both. I still have an officer's size steel .45 in rotation. I Still use my P32 for pocket carry. I do have a Kimber Micro9 but that's not a new design. OH! I do have a striker fired polymer framed 45 but it probably will never be an EDC since I hate the trigger. truth is, I don't care for the new designs.

Whatever works for you is the best. I tell ya one thing , the Ruger LCP .380 makes it so easy to run to the parts store , grocery store , or dollar store. It fits right in the front pocket with a DeSantis pocket holster. I've been doing this for over 8 years. It's so much easier than belting-up an holstering-up a bigger gun. I will say that when we go to more populated places and pack the bigger tools. 

• Like 6

I carried a Star PD .45 for many years.  Finally retired the Star and went with the Springfield XDs in .45 a few years ago once there were a few years of reliability reports.

I also have a Keltec P3AT for beach wear.

Until fairly recently I carried a Kimber Ultra in .45 or .9mm-

I have been carrying a Sig P365X for nearly a year now and really like it-

Lighter in weight and with the RDS it makes accuracy very good-

Of coarse there is always the caliber wars-

Most of the time I have a D frame Colt or J frame Smith in my strong side pocket. That along with a pocket knife, mostly a Buck 110 Auto, keys, wallet, pen and a bick lighter make up my day to day. When Im not at work and can carry a bigger gun its usually a wheel gun of some flavor in an IWB holster in town, or owb if Im just around home. Im stuck several decades in the past. I own and occasionally carry polymer guns in 9 and 45, but Im a wheel gun fan mostly

• Like 1

Most of the whiz-bang micro-9s of recent years are just too small to be of much use to me.  My if-I-win-the-lottery carry gun was a Wilson EDC X9 ever since they were introduced.  I lucked into a used one at a price I couldn't turn down and it's now my all-time favorite carry gun.  

• Like 1

P238 for pocket carry errands/work. P938 for lighter social situations or formal wear. Winter is when men get to accessorize with their gear and carry choice. 

Snubby in the tool bag so no one gets offended if I’m in their residence crawling around and accidentally print. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I used to think that there was always something better-lol. Smaller, lighter, more rounds etc. Sig P365, SA Hellcat, Sig P938, CZ PCR , Keltec 380, etc etc etc.

Now its 2 Kahrs, a PM9 and a P380 depending on what I'm wearing. They both hold 8 rounds with Mag-guts spring kits, enough for me. They are my only striker fired guns. As much as I love hammer guns and 1911's I like the DAO triggers on the Kahr.

• Like 1

I have pocket carried a 7 shot revolver for a long time. Have purchased a Ruger Max 9 that I carry to church when wearing trousers that print my revolver. If I go with larger round count I go with IWB S W MP 9C 2.0, but For 95% of the time it is the old-style revolver in the strong side pocket. 

Glock 26 in a Galco leather Paddle holster 99% of the time. The holster is easy to put on and take off when I get to work. Also I can carry a 10 round mag in it and use up to a 33 round mag for an extra mag to carry.I also have other leather belt pancake holsters to use. Other times  I can carry a Keltec, S&W 380 Bodyguard, or a J frame. I never walk out the door without something..

• Like 1

I've been carrying for about 30 years now. While I do generally stick to just a few guns, I have been known to get these odd moods where I may carry just about anything for up to a week or two just to be different. This could be anything from a .25acp up to a .45 Colt. 🙄 But, I always came back to my 1959 Colt Commander in .45acp. This is my first love. 😍

However, I must admit that in the last few years I do find myself more and more just grabbing my S&W 642 when heading out the door. Quick, easy and it conceals so well. I guess I'm just gettin' old, fat and lazy. 🙄

• Like 1

Ive been carrying on or of duty daily for all of my adult life.  Over the years I've ran the gamut, from .45ACP 1911s, Commanders, and a FNP-45 with 15+1, down to a pocket 380.  Currently, my EDC is usually a Sig P-365XL/Macro/Spectre (non-comp) with a 12 round mag and a 19 round spare mag, and on rare occasions I cant carry that, I carry a Ruger LCP Max ,380.  All mags filled with Hornady Critical Defense for the most part/

On 3/14/2024 at 7:49 PM, tercel89 said:

Whatever works for you is the best. I tell ya one thing , the Ruger LCP .380 makes it so easy to run to the parts store , grocery store , or dollar store. It fits right in the front pocket with a DeSantis pocket holster. I've been doing this for over 8 years. It's so much easier than belting-up an holstering-up a bigger gun. I will say that when we go to more populated places and pack the bigger tools. 

Lots can be said for "bigger is better"...but bigger is usually more difficult because of size, shape, weight, etc. Have several that I actually prefer over the things like the LCP, but have had one with a frame/trigger guard laser on it from CTC that I've had since the LCP was introduced. Father-in-law and I were out looking for a  pocket wheelie for him when I saw the Ruger.  It really appealed to me, and I'm a sucker for lasers anyway. So it came home with me. I used to think I overpaid for it(around 600 for it and the laser), but now as pricing seems to be escalating on the pocket pistols...I'm ok with it.

Long round-about way of saying I like the LCP a lot, but for the last 6 years or so, it's been a Shield that I go to. Been thru all the incarnations, and currently have a PC model and an extra mag on the belt. 

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Every time I see this post I see  “charging”.  Are y’all plugging in your guns every night so they’re ready for the next day?  😛

Me too. Lol

• Like 1

G26 in a comptac iwb for 20yrs. Switched from a 3rd gen 26 to a 4th gen, now carrying a dot on it. Can't carry anything else, I've tried Nothing else carries as well nor shoots as good.

Find something and get proficient with it. Get the right gear to carry it..

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Garufa said:

Every time I see this post I see  “charging”.  Are y’all plugging in your guns every night so they’re ready for the next day?  😛

I do have to plug in the light on my nightstand pistol

occasionally

Edited by papa61

I’ve been daily carrying a Sig P228 for nearly twenty years now. I have so many rounds down range with it and P226s, that I’m am just “comfortable” with the gun. Nothing else down the pike was so much better it was worth the effort to switch.

Until very recently. I tried a P365, but couldn’t shoot it accurately, at all. Same thing with a 365XL, until I tried Wilson Combat grips. Wow, this is a proper shootin pistol.  It shoots like a full size, but, tiny. For now, it is my low profile carry, for example with just a T-shirt. But, the P228 is still my default, when my dress works with it. I want to get a lot, lot more rounds down range with the 365XL before it completely displaces my 228, but this gun finally may do it.

LCP2 when it's athletic shorts and tshirts. Otherwise it's P365 XMacro Tacops. Hard to argue with 17+1 in such a compact package. It made me stash away the CZ P-07 I've carried for years.  It I won't say I like it more, it just makes more sense right now.

For carrying while wearing elastic shorts, or anything I can't wear a real belt with I use a Comfort Concealment belt. I even wear it sometimes when I do have a real belt on but just a t-shirt because I can wear the belt higher to keep the gun from poking below the t-shirt (usually carry in the small of my back) when I'm at the store.